Friday, August 3, 2012

I just had to share a picture that Bev posted that made my day today. Some of you may remember my pictures of Emeka from when I was there before. His mother and father had died and when he was brought to APOH, he was suffering from malnutrition, disease, and severe effects of meningitis(which he still struggles with). He didn't talk, barely smiled, and couldn't walk. Now he goes to school, runs, teases, laughs, and is one of the most ornery and loving boys. Providing healthcare and medicine can change anyone physically, but only providing LOVE and nurturing can produce this kind of change...
This was actually an improvement from when he first came...
every time you looked at him it just broke your heart.
 (2009)
Seeing this smile literally brought tears to my eyes.
I'm so thankful that God wasn't done with Emeka yet!
(2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment